[PD-dev] s_inter.c crashes

David Plans Casal dataflow at davidcasal.com
Tue Mar 25 15:37:42 CET 2008

On 25 Mar 2008, at 04:20, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008, Miller Puckette wrote:
>
>>> 0x0004326b in sys_domicrosleep (microsec=134217727,
>>> pollem=4427984) at
>>> s_inter.c:180
>>> 180	s_inter.c: No such file or directory.
>> Looks like you're already using GDB to look at the crash, but
>> apparently Pd wasn't compiled with GDB symbols...  if I'm right
>> about that,
>
> No, this looks like Pd was compiled with GDB symbols, else you
> wouldn't see argument names, source file names, and line numbers.

Thank you for both answers; I was able to put breaks on s_inter.c and
figure out py/pyext loading in a patch was the problem. For the
archives, invoking py/pyext with anyother build but the one used to
build that instance of py/pyext, causes crashes at the loader level,
looks like.

David