[PD-dev] names of 'pd' tags

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 31 11:59:42 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Hey,
>
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/tags/pd/
>
> I just added tags for 0.41.0 thru 0.41.2.  Those tags for 'pd' are a
> bit of a mess, so I would like to propose cleaning them up.  First, I
> think we can ditch the 'pd-' prefix since they are already in a

i agree.

> folder called 'pd'.  Second, I think we should use the very standard
> '.' as the separator between numbers.

hmm, miller's versioning scheme has been consistent since (i think at
least) pd-0.34-0
so i don't see a reason to change branch-names to just another standard
just because we can. instead i think branch/tag-names of Pd should
follow the versioning scheme of Pd as closely as possible.

> - I think we should probably also clean up the "pd-0.39-3",
> "pd-0.39-3-again", "pd-0.39-3-oncemore", , "pd-0.39-3-really" to be
> just the right 0.39.3.

hmm, i don't know why these branches are named like that.
one could argue that the person who created them did so on purpose
(though probably not)

> - do we need the test versions listed in the tags?  There are only a
> couple existing anyway.

again, as these branches had been created, why should we not need them?

fgmadsr.
IOhannes