[PD-dev] svn troubles

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 10 20:33:02 CEST 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>> so what should we do about the "inv*-icon.png" file?
>> i also noticed that there is already an "inv_mul-icon.png" which look
>> exactly the same. can i just delete the "inv*-icon.png" from the
>> repository?
>
> i don't know what's that and what's in use in the manual, but anyway,
> those files aren't quite useful, it was just for the look, and then I
> decided that the manual shouldn't exist anymore, so, I wouldn't mind
> deleting that file.

ok, i have done so now

> But then, I don't understand why there is GridFlow in SourceForge. I
> thought that I had removed all of it a while ago. Maybe I hallucinated
> that. I never quite understood why I had to put GridFlow there, except
> just the convenience of being able to checkout everything with one cvs
> command, instead of having to checkout everything with one command that
> runs a script that does the several checkouts for you.
>
> In any case, I think svn can work better with multiple repositories and
> so for that purpose I wouldn't have to use "svn import", let alone "cvs
> import" for which I don't understand the doc, and has no undo, and for
> which I can't preview the results. I used it once and it caused a mess
> (you remember?)

(yes)

> I guess I'm going to remove GridFlow from the repository, unless I
> figure out that I'm not the one who has imported it in the cvs last
> time. I'm look into it now.

i think i misunderstood your remarks last time about whether gridflow
should stay in the repository or not.
i was arguing, that it should stay, but was unaware, that the gridflow
development is done in it's own repository (at gridflow.ca) anyhow.

my argumentation line was, that it is up to you, where you want to keep
the repository and that puredata's sf repo would be a good place if you
were looking for one.

now that i realize that gridflow has it's own repository anyhow, i would
say that the import should be removed from the pd-svn.
instead it should be linked via svn:externals

i would say, go on and remove it.

nevertheless i noticed that the "inv*-icon.png" is still in the upstream
repository. would you mind removing that too?

dfmase
IOhannes