[PD-dev] Problem building pdlua on MinGW (solved for now)

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Wed Sep 3 09:54:38 CEST 2008

Hi Frank,

 >   #ifdef MSW
 >   #ifdef PD_INTERNAL
 >   #define EXTERN __declspec(dllexport) extern
 >   #else
 >   #define EXTERN __declspec(dllimport) extern
 >   #endif /* PD_INTERNAL */

Without PD_INTERNAL defined, dllexport -> dllimport which looks kind of
critical.

Below are the last few lines of output when PD_INTERNAL is not defined.

----------------------
src/lua.c:1001: warning: passing arg 1 of `gensym' discards qualifiers
from pointer target type
src/lua.c: In function `lua_setup':
src/lua.c:1305: internal compiler error: in rest_of_handle_final, at
toplev.c:2067
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
make: *** [src/lua.dll] Error 1

BTW, do you know off hand what the -export_dynamic option was originally
there for?
I searched some but could not find a clear explanation, however, among
search results were some Pd related pages mentioning it to be needed.

--
David Shimamoto