[PD-dev] pd and threads with pd~ : was Re: i can has svn commit access?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 2 18:23:32 CET 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> cyrille henry wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> i'm maybe wrong, but it look like the pd~ object that is part of
>> 0.42 test release offer a good and generic solution to create
>> thread with pd.
>
> ok,
>
> hello, Miller? if you're reading: is there a roadmap for this sort
> of stuff?

Yeah, I'd like to read that ICMC paper, is sucks that ICMC is so lame
about publishing their papers.  They are really difficult to get,
even though I have access to two academic libraries (NYU and Brooklyn
Polytechnic) and the NYPL, one of the world's largest. So for people
outside of computer music academia, papers in ICMC are as close to
good as not published at all.  ICMC should follow the example of
conferences like NIME (http://nime.org/ ), where all of the papers
are available online and are freely downloadable.

.hc