[PD-dev] pd and threads with pd~ : was Re: i can has svn commit access?

Stephen Sinclair radarsat1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 20:36:18 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I'd like to read that ICMC paper, is sucks that ICMC is so lame
> about publishing their papers.  They are really difficult to get,
> even though I have access to two academic libraries (NYU and Brooklyn
> Polytechnic) and the NYPL, one of the world's largest. So for people
> outside of computer music academia, papers in ICMC are as close to
> good as not published at all.  ICMC should follow the example of
> conferences like NIME (http://nime.org/ ), where all of the papers
> are available online and are freely downloadable.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I'm actually trying to decide right now
whether to publish something at ICMC or at NIME, and this makes the
decision a lot tougher.  (Specifically because my university is
hosting ICMC next year, so it would make more sense for me, but on the
other hand I want the paper made available.)

Fortunately many people are just posting up their papers on their own
websites, maybe Miller could do this.

However, I suggest everyone who this bothers to email the admin for
ICMC 2008, and ask for a copy of the paper:

http://www.icmc2008.net/contact

Steve