[PD-dev] pd-0.41-4 vanilla build fails on osx ppc

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Mon Dec 22 22:18:05 CET 2008

hi miller,

On 22 Dec 2008, at 19:07, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Sounds like you have a rare Mac without an i386 compiler
> installed.  I'm
> not sure, but I think bringing the development suite up to date should
> fix that.

hm, i might not be running the latest shiny intel macbook, but my
machines are still working fine most of the time :)
on the G5 i'm running xcode 2.5 which is the latest version for non-
intel macs, if i'm not mistake.
so i'd think gcc should be more or less up to date (4.01).
i have no problem compiling UB externals for max for example, so i'm
not sure if this is the issue.

> Of course, they probably will insist that you also bring the
> OS up to date, and during the upgrade you'll lose all your files.
> If it
> were me, I'd just clench my teeth and use --disable-fat.

yeah, no problem, i don't insist on fat.
but while using --disable-fat does fix the compilation, it doesn't
turn up any usable binaries for me.
if i do a ./pd in /bin i get a wish.app and a pd window, but the
menus are empty and i can't load patches or play any audio.

i must be missing something else.

regards,
volker.