[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 18 19:42:37 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> the only library that i am aware of that did override internal classes
> is cyclone, and krzysztof did some awful work fuddling with the
> classtable of pd_objectmaker. i think the code is in the "fragile"
> (sic!) part of cyclone.

GridFlow also overrides [print] because of the additional atomtypes that
GridFlow can't register into Pd and that makes Pd behave funny when it's
trying to print them, among other funny things.

But IMHO it wouldn't be much of an issue if I fixed any undesirable
divergences in GridFlow's [print]. In that case, the problem would be that
it uses t_class and t_methodentry, but much of the Pd community relies on
externals that uses forbidden interfaces anyway.