[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 20 06:48:58 CET 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 3:53 AM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Well, the point of cyclone is to be compatible with Max/MSP and
>> all  its warts.  So if you are trying to run a Max patch in Pd,
>> then  cyclone's pow~ is correct.
>
> speaking of... how does Max handle the namespaces/overriding/etc
> problem?

One global namespace, the internals are all built-in statically.  I
doubt you can override built-in names, but I don't know specifically.
I'd be curious to hear about the search path for Max.

AFAIK, Max/MSP users basically operate under the assumption that if
there is a name conflict, you need to chuck on of them.

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf