[PD-dev] cyclone and uppercase

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 11 21:24:17 CET 2009

Hallo,

> I not sure what you mean by "real" library.

With "real" I mean everything that is loaded with the -lib command line option.
There was a time, when only that was called a library, collections of
abstractions were called abstractions and externals were externals, sometimes
collected into or preloaded as libraries. The confusion about terms is not my
fault. Maybe I should call them library-libraries, in accordance with the usage
of [sssad/sssad] or [list-abs/list-abs] :-P

> Well, maxmode is that black magic that I was referencing.  I don't
> really want to learn it in order to use these objects.  I think that
> objects like [mousestate] are generally useful, so it would help in Pd
> to have them lowercase, then we could think of the uppercase versions as
> the Max/MSP compatibility mode.

_From what you wrote I assumed your motivation for suggesting aliases was Max
4.5/6 compatibility, not a problem with uppercase library names (which Python
has plenty of btw.)

Ciao
--
Frank