[PD-dev] win32 build farm machine: humble requests

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu May 14 22:33:59 CEST 2009

August and I have been struggling with lots of win32/mingw updates
over the past week or two.  zlib is in there, I think August got pkg-
config going.  glib needs iconv and gettext.  iconv is in there, but I
haven't gotten gettext to go yet.

August and I are sick of win32 builds, so we are trying to organize a
"mingw build day" where we can all suffer together. Want to join in
sometime in the next week? :D  In order to keep this maintainable,
everything that is not directly included in MinGW needs to be checked
into the 'sources' section of SVN and built from source using the
'sources/build-libs-on-mingw.sh' script.  That's what I've been doing
for years.  Of course if someone thinks they can do it better than me,
they are welcome to take it over.

As for flite, I'd like to get it going on Mac OS X and Windows.  I am
up for working on that if you are.  We could start with Mac OS X since
that should be a lot easier.

.hc

On May 14, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Bryan Jurish wrote:

> moin Hans, moin all,
>
> So most of my packaged externals are (or ought to be) building on
> win32
> now.  Missing are [flite] and [gfsm].  I don't know whether libflite
> builds under mingw, so i'm ignoring that for now.  I think [gfsm]
> ought
> to build though, since i've successfully built the underlying libgfsm
> with mingw in the past.
>
> From what configure is leaving in the logs though, there appear to be
> some packages missing on the build farm machine:
>
> + libglib-2.x
>  - abstract data structures & algorithms without which gfsm wouldn't
> be
>  - apparently available at:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/2.20/glib_2.20.1-1_win32.zip
> (bin) and
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/glib/2.20/glib-dev_2.20.1-1_win32.zip
> (dev)
>
> + pkg-config
>  - required; I know it's stupid, but I use this to find libglib-2.x
>  - There would appear to be a win32 binary available at:
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/pkg-config-0.23-2.zip
>
> + zlib
>  - optional, but highly recommended
>  - available at: http://www.zlib.net/zlib123-dll.zip
>  - also allegedly included in the "msys supplementary tools" package
>
> Above URLs courtesy of the gtk/glib win32 page:
> http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html
>
> ... any chance of getting these installed?
>
> marmosets,
> 	Bryan
>
> --
> Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more
> bug."
> jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic
> Entomology

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman