[PD-dev] gem "pix_movie", playback starts immediately when opening file

Hannes Breitschädel hannes-b at gmx.at
Mon Jun 15 10:52:03 CEST 2009

Hi List!

setup: Windows XP-SP 3 / latests Gem / PD Release. (June 12/09)

My patch opens a motion jpeg coded avi-file with "pix_movie" and plays
it back by "manually" switching the frames with a counter.
Although no autoplay message is sent to pix_movie the movie starts to
play immediatedly after opening the file instead of instantly showing
the first frame.
I tested on 4 different WinXP PCs and found out that the movie did not
automatically play on 2 of them and 2 other showed the problem.

There seems to be a correlation with Quicktime. At first pix_movie
worked only on one pc. i had to install
quicktime on the second computer and then it worked fine.
unfortunately the installation of quicktime did not
help on the second and third computer.

any ideas?
does pix_movie depend on the graphics-card?

all the best,
Hannes