[PD-dev] pd-extended on debian testing

Arnout Engelen puredata at bzzt.net
Sat Sep 19 17:47:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a hard time installing pd-extended on Debian Testing, and
would like to help getting this into a better shape.

The package 0.41.4 package found at http://puredata.info/downloads and in the
repo cannot be installed due to some dependency problems (details below).

The 0.41.4 source package failed to generate a package, among some other
troubles the Debian/control file missed a comma.

I figured since I was going to have to fix stuff anyway, I might just as well
go with the lastest CVS version. I fetched the source as documented on
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource with
checkout-developer-layout.sh. After fixing a couple of compile errors
( https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2862191&group_id=55736&atid=478070 )
this produced a .deb file. However, this .deb claims to be version '0.40.3',
and points to some dependencies that do not exist in Debian testing (e.g. jack
is just called libjack0, not libjack0.100.0-0.

Is this '0.30.4' version a mistake, or did I get the wrong sources?

I see only one Debian/control file,
pure-data/packages/linux_make/debian/control . Shouldn't there be one for each
kind of Debian package that can be generated
(stable/testing/unstable/ubuntu/etc)?

Regards,

Arnout

As promised, the dependency problems:

arnouten at bird:~/progs/pd/pure-data/packages/linux_make$ sudo apt-get install pd-extended
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  pd-extended: Depends: libavifile-0.7c2 (>= 1:0.7.47.20070718) but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmagick++10 but it is not installable
               Depends: libmagick10 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
arnouten at bird:~/progs/pd/pure-data/packages/linux_make$ sudo apt-get install libavifile-0.7c2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  pd-extended: Depends: libjack0.100.0-0 but it is not installable
               Depends: libflac7 but it is not installable
               Depends: libpng3 but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libmpeg1 but it is not installable
               Depends: libquicktime0 but it is not installable
               Depends: libgsl0 but it is not installable
               Depends: libmagick++9c2a but it is not installable
               Recommends: liblo0 but it is not installable
               Recommends: liblame0 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).