[PD-dev] deb packages discussion

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Sep 21 16:58:29 CEST 2009

Hey Anderson,

Its good timing for bringing these up, Günter has stopped maintaining
his official Debian packages, so they are officially orphaned right
now.  Anyone here a Debian Developer?  I am starting the process of
becoming a Debian Developer (and I'll be helping to run DebCof 2010 in
NYC next summer).   We could start a Pd group for packaging all this
stuff.

I think that the 'puredata' and pure:dyne packages would be the best
place to start, then they just need to be tailored to be more Debian-
proper (i.e. moving all non-libs out of /usr/lib/pd, etc.) and work
with the 'pd' virtual package. I

Plus dmotd, IOhannes, me and others are working on rewriting build
system so it should be easier to package the libraries individually.

.hc