[PD-dev] ATI + GridFlow + Gem + C++ + Linux = BOOM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 15 09:10:27 CEST 2009

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> hmm, does this mean that if Gem explicitely linked against libstdc++
>> just before libGL, this would avoid the problems? if so, it might be
>> fixed in svn...
>
> Thanks for doing this. I just tried it with
> Pd-0.42.5-extended-20091014-ubuntu-jaunty-i386.deb.

cool (i guess you not only meant to say that you tried it, but also that
the try was successfull)

> It may still fail if any other extern (3DP, OSG, ...) ever links with
> libGL before libstdc++, while being loaded before GEM or instead of GEM.

yes.
as a matter of fact, the ATI-drivers should be fixed.

since Gem depends on stdc++ anyhow, i thought i might pull it in before
libGL, so there is virtually no overhead involved.

with any pure C external (like 3dp), this approach seems very ugly.

fgmadsr
IOhannes