[PD-dev] namespaces for send/receive

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Nov 18 17:32:06 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> If you use the route-approach, you can use settable routes (as an abstraction
> like sroute.pd in [list]-abs). But actually I have no idea why a settable
> receive should be necessary anyway? :)

One example is the GFDP (GridFlow Documentation Project), which uses settable
receives because it uses receive-symbols that are local to the toplevel patch
they are in (an intermediate between global and the ordinary local). This value
has to be output by an object, so it cannot appear directly in an [r] box, and
the GFDP doesn't use that much dynamic patching...