[PD-dev] pd-extended vs. gui-rewrite on X86_64 WAS: [PD] pd-extended build on 9.10

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 20:30:24 CET 2009

2009/11/12 András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>

>>> mmm, seems to me that none of them load.
>>>

>>> THat's an odd one.  My guess is that perhaps the pd you are using and the
>>> externals that you are loading are different bitnesses, i.e. 32-bit and
>>> 64-bit.  Use the 'file' command to see:
>>>
>>> hans at blinky:~ > file /usr/bin/pd
>>> /usr/bin/pd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
>>> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, not stripped
>>>
>>> .hc
>>>

>> pd binary and some externals:
>>
>> muranyia at zero:~$ file /usr/bin/pd
>>> /usr/bin/pd: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
>>> GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/libdir.pd_linux: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64,
>>> version 1 (SYSV), stripped
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64,
>>> version 1 (SYSV), stripped
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/cyclone/cycle.pd_linux: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
>>> x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
>>>

>> I took a look and i don't have other pd installs in /usr/local or anything
>> like that.
>>

> Hello guys,
> any ideas on this one?

I had to upgrade from Hardy to Jaunty (because my video card broke and there
was no driver for the new one in Hardy).

I recompiled everything from fresh sources and gui-rewrite still doesn't
like my libs.
Could be something with amd-specific compile options i used with gui-rewrite
(namely -march=k8)?

Andras