[PD-dev] adding standard install paths to the 'puredata' package

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Dec 2 06:42:20 CET 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>>> Additionally, I'd like to Debianize the directory names (i.e. /
>>> usr/lib/puredata)
>> What's un-Debian about /usr/lib/pd?
>
> the package name is not "pd".
>
> alternatively, the package name could be changed, if there is no
> nameclash.

There is a nameclash.  'pd' is a virtual package for library packages
to depend on.  'puredata' and 'pd-extended' provide 'pd.  A
'desiredata' package could also provide 'pd'. Then library packages
would install properly with any or all Pd flavors installed.

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said, hobbling
away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out another pink-
collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf