[PD-dev] svn on build farm (was Re: [GEM-dev] gem fails on 10.4)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 2 09:22:38 CET 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> This is the documentation of the auto-build process, the last step is
> where it rsyncs over the source tree, which is mainly for rsync's
> --delete for a real clean start.
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/AutoBuildProcess

obviously i didn't find it from PdLab (the other way round is simple).
i modified the page accordingly.

> hardy's svn is indeed old (1.4.4).  The checkouts are actually done on
> Debian/stable which has svn 1.5.1.  I'd recommend working on
> Debian/stable or Ubuntu/karmic.

?
i recommend working on debian/sid, but this doesn't help me much if one
of the autobuilds fails on the osx103 machine.
i prefer to investigate directly what is going wrong on the failing
machine (and potentially fix the problem there)

>  Otherwise on hardy, you'll need to
> check out the code using its svn version in a separate folder.

yep, that's what i did.

speaking of which: are the splashscreen scripts on the PdLab machines in
the repository somewhere? (probably in the "hans" CVS).
i "had to" fix the one on the osx104-i386. and i'd like to add the info
about the SVN there (it's just that i don't know the docs on pd.info by
heart; and when i'm fixing a simple problem in C, i don't feel very
inclined to reread the page to be able to get rid of the small annoyances)

fgmasdr
IOhannes