[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2932195 ] this crashes pd extended

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 14 18:36:38 CET 2010

Bugs item #2932195, was opened at 2010-01-14 18:36
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2932195&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Sorry for the generic title but I really can't isolate the problem.

When I try to open this attached patch on Windows Vista, pd Extended immediately crashes. The patch has no loadbangs and does absolutely nothing without user input.

100% of the times I open it, it crashes.

Since it first crashed when I was trying to create a [print] object, I have tried to remove all [print]s with a text editor (changing them for [pd]s just to avoid messing up connections) and could open it without crash. However, if I then go on editing the patch, creating and deleting objects, it usually crashes in a few minutes.

I suspect the cause is in some of these objects:
[dirpanel]
[folder_list]
and/or, possibly,
[sys_gui]

because I tried creating a new fresh patch with none of these and play around and I couldn't have it crash - while if I create some of these objects and then keep editing the patch, chances are that it crashes very soon.
But it may be some generic problem with all externals...

Windows vista, pd-extended 0.41.4

I have been using pd Vanilla for a long time and never had such a problem.on the same machine