[PD-dev] pdwindow as syslog

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jan 15 07:46:25 CET 2010

Hey IOhannes,

I was just looking thru your pdwindow.tcl procs.  It seems to me that
those procs should just go all the way and implement a syslog-style
system with the same levels.  Then the Pd window could have a little
dropdown menu on the lower left to select which level to show.

Attached is my failed attempt at defining the functions.  Also, about
the tags for colorizing things, I think your syslog level tags and the
alternating linecolor? tags should be applied to all lines, not
depending on which proc is used.  Then different plugins or modes can
colorize the text.  Otherwise, it'll be just a big mishmash of colors.