[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2947333 ] comments with extended characters turn invisible

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 7 12:49:04 CET 2010

Bugs item #2947333, was opened at 2010-02-07 11:49
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2947333&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
just saw while working in 0.42.5-extended-20100118 in ubuntu jaunty, that comments with any "extended characters" like ä, ã, etc., turn invisible the moment you put one of these characters in. Besides that, the code remains in the file, and as soon you erase the offending character the comment is visible again.
Also, doing select all doesn't show any round box. The only way to know that something is there is by (by accident) doing a selection within the comment.
I also work on XP with this pd version, but that doesn't happen there. I send no example file, because you only need to make a new patch and put in a comment to try yourself.

João Pais