[PD-dev] Font issue with 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jul 20 23:40:11 CEST 2010

Actually, it turns out that bug#1 seems to affect all key bindings,
not just Cmd-T.

I'm going to try my hand at fixing IOhannes' issues with the original
pd-gui-rewrite/0.43 startup procedure.  It was well tested in a lot of
use cases, so I think the best bet is to try to address the specific
known issues rather than changing it drastically.

.hc

On Jul 20, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Miller,
>
> It seems in the process of the merge, something with the font panel
> got messed up. I tested using Tcl/Tk 8.4.19 and 8.5.8 and it exists
> using both.  I also tested on pd-gui-rewrite/0.43 and the problem
> does not exist there.  Here's how to reproduce it:
>
> - start pd
> - type some random text in the Pd window text field
> - using File->Open open 2.control.examples/02.editing.pd
> - bug #1: Cmd-T flashes the Edit menu but doesn't launch the Font
> panel
> - then choose Edit->Font to get the Font menu
> - try changing the font size
> - bug #2: the Pd Window font size changes, not 02.editing.pd, even
> tho the patch has focus
>
> These might seem like trivial bugs, but I think they are pointers
> that things are not being initialized properly with the removal of
> the vwait stuff in main().
>
> .hc

> Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
> more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
> practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with
live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick