[PD-dev] external on windows

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Thu Oct 7 11:43:15 CEST 2010

Dominique Fober wrote:
> Thanks also to Hans-Christoph Steiner who helped with my "GUI external" question.
> I have now a 'guido' pd external to display music scores based on the Guido Engine (http://guidolib.sourceforge.net) running on linux, mac os and windows.

Cool. Dominique, I'd really like to try this on Linux but I couldn't
find the sources of the plugin, are they available somewhere on
guidolib.sf.net?

> Now I have a 'newbie in externals dev' question: what is the best place to share that with Pd users? I can build binaries for Mac OS and windows but it's a little bit more complex for linux, or is there a main target platform to build binaries for (for example Ubuntu 10.04 32 or 64 bits).

People use all kinds of different Linux versions and may run their own
builds of pd-vanilla from svn, so sources are usually preferred. The Pd
svn repo has all kinds of extensions in pure-data/trunk/externals/,
that's usually where I grab the stuff that I need. If you can get commit
access, you could put your external there so that it is visible/known to
the Pd community. Or you could just maintain it in your own guido tree,
ppl who know guido will know where to find it.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag