[PD-dev] about [tcpserver] (mrpeach and iemnet)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Dec 13 18:07:00 CET 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 11:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2010-12-13 17:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>> From what I've seen, most network buffering is done with a ring
>> buffer,
>> so a fixed size.  That's my two bits...
>>

> <flames>
> so what exactly are you trying to tell us?
>
> one of the reasons for me to change my entire system and to switch
> to Pd
> was "choice": to make computers do what i prefer rather than what
> 'they'
> think i ought to prefer.
> even if i choose to prefer what has been chosen for me anyhow.
> </flames>

Just a comment on the topic of networking in Pd.  I'm not threatening
to change your code or make you stop.  I'd really like to see robust
networking in Pd, so I was trying to relay my experience.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs