[PD-dev] how to detect if array has changed

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Dec 27 17:44:35 CET 2010

Is there anything in the API that offers ability to detect when an array
has been changed and then act upon it? This would be quite useful when
using array as a multislider to change values. If there isn't I am
proposing providing an invisible send from array whenever it is changed
with the name <array_name>_changed. It could also send exactly which
element has changed.

Likewise, for the same reason, I would like to provide clipping of the
drawn items to the visible area but before I do so, is there a reason
one would want to keep outside elements visible as well despite their
distracting appearance?

Ico