[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3276687 ] ASIOforall does not start and GEM does not load.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 6 00:28:56 CEST 2011

Bugs item #3276687, was opened at 2011-04-05 22:28
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3276687&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
Pd 0.43-0
Windows Vista
Realtek ALC662 HDaudio

When PD starts up ASIOforall does not initialize.
When selecting ASIO from menu input and output selection fields are  empty.

I have on the startup --asio -audioindev 1 -audiooutdev 1
When Pd first starts up I can see that it is trying to load the ASIO driver because I have a Creative Labs ASIO driver stuck in my system.

I have no creative labs sound devices so the creative driver presents a dialog that says no creative devices found [ok]. Usually I click ok on previous
builds of pd and the ASIOforall driver kicks in and places it's icon in the tray and I have much lower latency audio than with MME.

With Pd 0.43-0 the creative dialog appears , I click ok and nothing else happens.

Something else peculiar happens as well.
I copied the GEM and GGEE folders from pdx 0.42.5 ext to the new pd ext folder, added paths to startup and added line in load libraries -> Gem.

After the creative dialog. I get another dialog
[pd.exe - Unable To Locate Component]
(X)This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem. [ok]

Then in the console it says something about gem.dll not being able to be loaded.
When I open a patch that uses GEM and GGEE.
The ~moog dll loads but I get dashed line atoms for gem atoms except for gemmouse.
The ~moog works but gem does not.

Attached is output from console.

besides that very nice job seems to be running a bit faster and smoother as far as the gui goes.