[PD-dev] replace spaces in list class names with hyphens

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 23:55:10 CEST 2011

I've got a working tooltip prototype going, and I just noticed that all the list classes screw up things on the tcl side, because with "list append" (for example) it suddenly looks like there is one more arg to the proc.

Are there any other objects that have a space in the creator name?  If not, could we just make it official that creator names can't have spaces, and change all the "list foo" creators objects to "list-foo"?

This would be transparent to the user*, since they can still type "list foo" and list_new will instantiate the right class.  (Although going forward I would suggest using "list-foo" as it is the standard for all the listabs abstractions.)

-Jonathan

*Except for anyone crazy enough to be doing:

[32(

[makefilename list%csplit]

[obj 10 10 $1(

[s patch-of-a-crazy-person]