[PD-dev] build instructions for pd-extended

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:49:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would like to help out with the development of Pd, in particular
with Gem and puredata_opencv. Please be patient as I am just starting
with Pd development.

I would like to get some advice from you on how to build from the
develpment sources. I can then update the community website
instructions based on your responses, if you think that'd be helpful.

I would like to install pd-extended, gem, and pix_opencv from the
development source code.

It seems I should download from Subversion, even though Git is used
for pd vanilla core and pd-extended core. It seems these Git repos are
regularly pushed onto Subversion. Is that true?

Now, should I really download from these?

 https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk

and

 https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem/trunk

Next, I'd like some up-to-date build instructions based on the
development code base. Again, I am more than willing to update the
online doc with the info you provide.

I appreciate your guidance on how to contribute. I lead a team with
computer vision programmers and music composition experts that will be
heavily developing Pd in the next coming weeks and months.

Best regards,
Ricardo
--
Linux registered user #175401