[PD-dev] pd double autobuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Oct 7 17:19:42 CEST 2011

Yeah, my 64-bit detection on Mac OS X is somewhat weak because it just
looks at the OS major version.  It automatically enables
double-precision on Mac OS X 10.6 or above.  And below 10.6, it defaults
to single precision.  10.5 did not fully support 64-bit, so I think this
makes sense for the automatic logic. You can enable it by
doing: ./configure --enable-double-precision  and that will force it on
all platforms.

But I guess then these nightly builds don't help you that much, since
you're on 10.5.  I wanted to have both single and double nightly builds
so that we can easily test both cases, since in order to get these
changes into Pd vanilla, it needs to support both single and double
well.

You can run your own nightly builds on your machine, just start with the
rsync method to get the whole setup, then you can run the build manually
by doing:

cd ~/auto-build/pd-double/packages/darwin_app
make clean install

If you want to add the configure flag, edit the PD_CONFIGURE_FLAGS
variable in packages/darwin_app/Makefile:

darwin_app_core: darwin_app_wrapper
	$(MAKE) -C $(packages_src) $(DEST_PATHS) \
		PD_CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--enable-jack" \
		pd_install

.hc