[PD-dev] maximum array display size 2000 points?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:42:13 CEST 2011

Hi Hans,

I'm inviting you to the discussion :)  Can you have a look at this
paragraph from Miller?

> Hi all --
>
> There's indeed a limit of 2000 (if drawn as points) or 1000 (if as
> a polygon) -- this is in lines such as:
>
>                 if (ndrawn > 2000 || ixpix >= 3000) break;
>
> and
>
>                     if (ndrawn >= 1000) goto ouch;
>
> in plot_vis() in g_template.c.
>
> I don't know how far Tcl/Tk can be pushed, but try deleting those lines
> and see what happens :)

Do you think it would be a good idea to remove this? As I understand, this
limit happens in all OSs, right?

If you think this is worthwhile, can you comment it out in the nightly
builds, so that in the next days it can be tested? Since there is no zoom
in the arrays, I wanted to make an array with 5000+ points (and scroll the
window).

Best,

João