[PD-dev] clearing out "old" build system

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 19 19:33:34 CET 2012

Yes, this sounds great!  On the topic of the new build system, its quite close to working on MinGW.  The new build system will never work for MSVC, so it makes sense to keep the makefile.nt, but I think it should renamed Makefile.msvc to make it clear what its for.

Also, in Pd-extended, I've removed some stuff from configure.ac to simplify it.  There are a number of tests that we don't need there.  I think the key to keeping the build system maintainable is to keep it as simple as possible.  So including tests of things that have no automatic response is not useful for all but a couple people who know how to add them in anyhow.

Attached is my patch to remove those tests.