[PD-dev] building for Windows on GNU/Linux

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 3 23:31:41 CET 2012

yeah, one of the reasons I'm trying wine out is so I can have both MSVC
and mingw running (and be sure they don't step on each others' toes, which
I can do by setting up separate "disks" for them to live on).

Amazingly, I can even run Pd in wine, although I haven't tried to do
anything with it.

this is part of a larger project to set up a few virtual environments
(wine but also xen for running various linuxes and Windowses) so that I
can be more confident that changes I make won't be breaking things for
everyone else.

Of course (see Zmoelnig's new thread) I seem so far to have mostly made
negative progress.

cheers