[PD-dev] updates to search_plugin for translation support

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 07:59:12 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

[...]

>>  See my commit.
>
> seems ok, I'm happy to leave it at that.  One thing I'm struggling with
> in my mind is the keywords/tags are in English.  So if they are translated in
> the listing in the front page, there will be confusion when someone tries to
> type in the keyword in their native language to search by, it won't work.

It's the same problem for full-text search, patch descriptions, tutorials, etc.

In other words-- how does one go about translating a patch?

But for tags specifically, we just need a way to a) gather up all unique
tags for the translator, b) have a place for the translator to write the
translated tags, and c) replace all instances inside [pd META] of
"KEYWORDS original tags;" with "KEYWORDS translated tags;".  However,
if we don't solve the other problems stated above then translated tags
aren't very much help-- the user would just be staring at search results
in the wrong language rather than keywords in the wrong language.
One step closer to the goal I guess, but still quite unsatisfactory.

-Jonathan