[PD-dev] remove tk scaling

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 19 21:28:02 CEST 2013

I looked and every font specification I could find in Pd vanilla has its
size specified as negative.  So I'm of the belief that taking the
"tk scaling 1" out will have NO EFFECT on the sizes of drawn text on
canvases in vanilla.

Only gotchas I can imagine are: (1) maybe there's something else besides
text fonts that are specified in points and could break;  or (2) some
extern in Pd extended is drawing texts on canvases, or (3) there's
something in Pd extended that depends on exact font sizes that isn't inside
a Pd canvas.

It's clear that we can't leave tk scaling bashed to 1 forever - it's messing
stuff up for people with high-res displays.  So I'm for biting the bullet,
taking it out, and seeing if anything that breaks can't be fixed locally.

cheers
Miller