[PD-dev] Clarification on library template license

sebfumaster at aol.com sebfumaster at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 04:13:58 CEST 2015

On The Pd Website It Says:
License Of The Library Template
All of the files in the library template are released into the public domain so that people creating libraries can easily choose the license that works best for them (GPL-3, GPL-2, BSD, etc.). We hope, of course, that you choose a Free Software license.

however the included LICENSE.txt file is GPL-3 in the repo. I wanted to make absolutely sure that I can use the template (Makefile) w/ a BSD license (and if so why the included file in the repo is gpl instead of something like this http://unlicense.org)?
Thank you
	-Sebastian