[PD-dev] moving to git

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 00:24:32 CEST 2015

Oh, those are both absolutely insecure by default.  You (and Sourceforge)
default to insecure connections.  Sourceforge only forces the encryption when
the user needs to write something.

Nevertheless, I think it's cases like this one which "Let's Encrypt" is designed to solve.  I'm happy to leave it to them to eventually lift the work you've done
up into the 21st century.

-Jonathan

 On 2015-10-14 22:30, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-dev wrote:
> Oh wow, I guess it's been awhile since I've used Sourceforge.  It looks like they just offer svn (which isn't secure) and http by default.  Yikes.

it seems indeed a while since you've used sourceforge.
you might start by reading [1].
you might as well not, in which case i would like to ask you to not
spread fud.

that's not to say that i don't agree about using https anywhere (and
that sf should use it by default).

fgmasdr
IOhannes

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Docs%20Home/