[PD-dev] dialog start locations

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 16 01:21:18 CEST 2016

I’ve been fixing a number of UI related bugs for Mac in TK 8.5/8.6 and have a quick question.

Should the preferences dialogs (Audio settings, Midi settings, Path, Startup) open relative to the Pd window?

In Tk 8.4, they automatically open on top of the main Pd window with a slight offset. In Tk 8.5, they do not but I’m able to replicate by setting the window geometry offset relative to the Pd window’s current position.

This is similar to the other bugs I’ve fixed where it seems the Tk Cocoa layer requires explicit settings, such as windows needing to be raised/lowered relative to a second window otherwise they lower behind *all other windows, including those from other applications*.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>