[PD-dev] clone doesn't take vis message on left inlet when abstraction has signal for left inlet

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:42:18 CEST 2016

I'm on pd-0.47-1 binary downloaded from UCSD [mac 64-bit].

I've created a clone of an abstraction that has the left inlet as a signal
inlet.. from the docs I'd expect I can send a |vis 5 1( message to that
inlet and display the patch but I can't. If I create another inlet, to the
right of that inlet, which is a control inlet, I can send the vis message
to that and my instance does pop up but it does seem to me that the |vis(
message should always go into the left inlet to keep things consistent?

I attached an example, leftsig_test.pd is the patch to open.

BTW, this clone stuff is really making me wish we could have abstractions
that take both a signal and control info on a single inlet [like dac and
some other tilde objects].. I've created a wrapper around clone to play
with cascading abstractions and it would be nice if I could have my wrapper
operate the same as I'm assuming clone should? I know there was discussion
before.. maybe [inlet~] could actually have 2 outlets, a signal outlet and
a control outlet?

-Alex