[PD-dev] External with FFTW3

Julián Villegas villegas.julian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:59:52 CET 2017

Hi list,

In the past convention I was happy to present [trans~] for transaural audio in Pd. Right after the presentation I found that the object doesn’t work unless users have installed FFTW3 in their systems. I’ve been trying to solve this problem and somehow I managed to fix it in Windows, but not so for Intel Mac. My current Makefile for MacOS looks like:

pd_darwin: trans~.pd_darwin

.SUFFIXES: .pd_darwin

DARWININCLUDE =  -I/Users/julian/Downloads/pd-0.47-1/src -I/usr/local/include

DARWINCFLAGS = -DPD -O3 -Ofast -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes \
   -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -Wno-unknown-pragmas \
   -arch i386 -arch x86_64

DARWINLIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lfftw3 -lc -lm -bundle -undefined suppress \
	     -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -flat_namespace

.c.pd_darwin:
	gcc $(DARWINCFLAGS) $(DARWININCLUDE) -o $*.o -c $*.c
	gcc $(DARWINLIBS) -o $*.pd_darwin $*.o /usr/local/lib/libfftw3f.a
	rm -f $*.o

The program compiles and links fine in my Mac OS X (10.11.6), but when I try to use it in other Mac (similar specs) which has no FFTW3 installed, it fails. It doesn’t make any difference if I explicitly add the option -static to the linker. I’ve checked [partconv~] source code and Pd mailing lists without luck. Could someone help me to figure what’s going on?

Thanks for your advice,

Julian.