[PD-dev] [PD] how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files page (was Re: Linux Global folder for externals)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 3 10:09:25 CET 2017

(taking this to pd-dev, as i really think that these long development
related tasks are a nuisance for most parties)

On 03/03/2017 12:22 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>> for starters, you could just follow the instructions on
>>    https://github.com/pure-data/deken/#download
>

> I had done that, but downloading deken-plugin.tcl
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pure-data/deken/master/deken-plugin.tcl> to
> my Pd folder doesn't do it...

what does it "not do"?

> and I also tried to replace the pd_deken.tcl file inside the pd app for the
> new one, no luck...

what do you mean by "no luck"?

> it load the deken plug in, but it's not asking to download to the user
> folder even if it is not there (let alone create it)

what is it doing instead?
it's really hard to analyse (let alone fix) a "it doesn't work"-problem,
esp. if the author believes that it does work (so the problem seems to
be on "your" side (e.g. on a platform that hasn't been tested yet).
please be detailed in what you get.

> and it's not
> remembering the path between restarts.

why would it?
it's a different problem, and you might have missed
https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/140#issuecomment-283797373

grdsa
IOhannes