[PD-dev] defining PDINSTANCE and PDTHREADS in libpd

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 17 22:03:24 CEST 2017

No, each instance has its own symbol table.  Thus instances can't make calls
into each other as they could before - and I think that's all to the good :)

Meanwhile, there's no assumed relationship between instances and threads.
A multi-threaded app can make calls to different instances on different
threads if desired, and/or even call the same instance from a different thread
(but not from two threads simultanously).

cheers