[PD-dev] 0.48.0 release status

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 17:23:28 CEST 2017

> Look, I know you guys go on and on about this but it's really up to Miller.
>
> I think the object boxes are sometimes too small with those metrics and
> I'm not willing to put forward what might be a major change for people
> without some actual talk.
>
> The font is one thing, object sizing another. Also, there are multiple
> places where the metrics are placed and calculated so I'm not sure if
> changing the numbers in one place but not in the source code is the right
> idea either. I just don't know, hence need input for those that do.

ok, agreed, let's actually talk, and be sure what needed change and all -
but maybe this won't be a priority right now, huh?

Devils Advocate: Also, as IOhannes mentioned at one point, *exact* pixel
> sizing between platforms is always going to be close but probably not
> perfect and what happens when people use a different font or different
> sizing via startup flags? Maybe simply having some space around things and
> using sub patches is the easiest solution?

I can live with that, not being perfect and all, but as it is, it's just
really hard to manage. I also, I don't see much point in not wanting to
make things look exactly the same in all Operating Systems, so we could
agree that is a desirable goal for everyone, at least, right?

cheers