[PD-dev] object [text define] makes libpd crash

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 12:07:08 CET 2017

Hi,
I created a issue on the libPd repository (
https://github.com/libpd/libpd/issues/196) but perhaps it's more related to
Pd itself.

When I load a patch with [text define], it crashes (x_text.c line 280)
because x->x_scalar is NULL (because in scalar_new(), the function
template_findbyname(templatesym) returns NULL). So it seems that the
function can't find a template linked with the symbol "pd-text".

I can't figure out why it works in Pd but not in libPd. Perhaps, libPd
don't call a method to bind a template to this symbol at startup? Or
perhaps it's related to the fact that I use PDINSTANCE and PDTHREADS? I
can't figure out the solution so any idea is welcomed!

Cheers,
Pierre