[PD-dev] Pd release plans (0.50 August / 0.51 December)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:13:27 CEST 2019

> To Pd dev:
>
> I realizd I forgot to make my release plans clear... I'm going to try to get
> a mainly bug-fix release out in Augist (0.50) in time for Fall classes in the
> US (idealy Aug 15 to give admins & profs a couple of weeks to get ready for
> school, which in some places seems to get underway Sept 1-ish.
>
> That leaves only enough time to do some polishing, no big new stuff.  So
> I think I should aim to make another release in December to allow time for
> whatever improvements don't make it in by mid August.

That sounds good. Interested parties can help test in the fall for work which is slated for December. We are, in some ways, polishing the edges off the features and updates in the last few versions anyway.

I'd like to propose the net objects update branch for 0.50, but we need to finalize and test it first. If there is not enough time, we can formalize it for 0.51.

> My own priority is to try to make zooming apply to data structures.  (Way
> overdue!)

There has been some work in this area: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/563 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/563>

--------
Dan Wilcox