[PD-dev] a new object/functionality similar to max's [if]

Tsz Kiu Pang osamupang at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:31:05 CEST 2019

Hi all,

<porres at gmail.com> Alexandre has recently requested a new
object/functionality similar to max's [if] on github:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/663

So I was looking it for a while, and came up with a list of things that
have to be modified/added in order to accommodate the new object, as
discussed on github.

I guess the main question is that I feel like this is quite a big change to
the expr family since no class has been added to it for the past 19/20
years, so I am just wondering whether my approach (adding a new class to
the [expr], [expr~], [fexpr~] mix) is correct, and whether this
functionality is something that we need.

I will probably put in a pull request soon if there is no objection...

Kind regards,
TK