[PD-dev] a new object/functionality similar to max's [if]

matthew brandi mfbrandi at outlook.com
Wed Jul 31 13:46:37 CEST 2019

On 31/07/2019 09:31, Tsz Kiu Pang wrote:
> Alexandre has recently requested a new object/functionality similar
> to max's [if] … I am just wondering whether my approach (adding a
> new class to the [expr], [expr~], [fexpr~] mix) is correct, and
> whether this functionality is something that we need. I will
> probably put in a pull request soon if there is no objection

Dear TK and Alexandre

I have no objection, but I do have a couple of naïve questions:

[a] In the message case, I am struggling to see the point, as all you
need to do is control a [spigot] with the truth value of the test. Or
you can assign the false condition a value unused in the true case (if
there is any such) and feed the output to [route] or [select]. Or …
well doubtless there are many — and likely better — ways to skin this
cat. Is it just for convenience, then, or am I missing something?

[b] If a parallel audio case is envisaged, what would it do?

Best

matthew brandi | 020 8882 4616