[PD-dev] compiler oopses compiling s_net.c on windoze

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu May 28 13:49:58 CEST 2020

@Miller: are you compiling on a Windows XP machine !?

The #ifdefs would fix the compilation error on Windows XP, but we still
have to compile the release on a Windows Vista+ machine to make the IPv6
functionality available. I think Windows XP doesn't even support IPv6
before service pack 3.

IMO, we should finally raise the default WINVER to Windows Vista, at
least. Windows XP is *ancient* by now. Recently, even support for
Windows 7 has ended...

On macOS, the minimum supported version is 10.6, which is from 2009.
Windows XP was first released in 2001...

We might still allow people to compile for Windows XP by overriding
WINVER, but it shouldn't be the default anymore.

Christof