[PD-dev] building fluid~ on Linux (was: [PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:06:04 CET 2021

On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 16:40 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> Em dom., 10 de jan. de 2021 às 13:40, Roman Haefeli <
> reduzent at gmail.com> escreveu:
> > I sitll compiled fluidsynth so that it has the exact support I
> > want,
> > not more, not less. Basically, I only want libsndfile support (for
>
> what's everything else? what are you missing?

Nothing (I hope). That's the point.

>  I'm curious to know what these dependencies are, what they do and
> what they're needed for.

fluidsynth comes with a library and command line utility, so that you
can use it as a standalone tool. It supports writing to soundfiles,
many audio backends from many platforms and other stuff (check
CMakeLists.txt for a full list). From what I understand, the
[fluidsynth~] external doesn't make use of this stuff, so there is no
point in bloating the library and the number of dependencies
unnecessarily.

I know you're still working on it, but for testing (especially the
build part) I made builds for three Linux archs:

https://netpd.org/~roman/tmp/fluidsynth~/

Roman