[PD-dev] multi-architecture deken packages

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 23:59:34 CEST 2021

Em qua., 14 de abr. de 2021 às 18:29, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> > But one can also just ship armv6 and aarch64 and it should work for
> > everybody, right?
>
> as said before: somebody should do some benchmarking how much gain there
> is for armv7 with respect to armv8.

I don't understand because I was talking about *armv6* (Linux-armv6-32) and
*aarch64* (Linux-arm64-32).

You said it yourself that we should use *armv8* for the 32 bit variant
(Linux-armv8-32), and *aarch64* for this other one. We're also agreeing
*armv8*/Linux-armv8-32 is pointless. So I guess you mean armv8
as (Linux-arm64-32) and *aarch64*.

Now, my understanding is that *aarch64* can't run anything else other than
this... can it run *armv6* and *armv7*?

As for benchmarking and me saying we could just ship armv6 that it'll work
on armv7, I guess it makes sense to benchmark this.